94 Broad St.
Eatontown, NJ 07724
Applicants for the TRUE Energy Assistance must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Currently receives gas and electric services from one of the following companies:
- JCP&L: www.firstenergycorp.com/JCP_L/index.html
- PSEG: www.pseg.com/help and www.pseg.com/ayuda
- Rockland Electric www.oru.com
- Atlantic City Electric: http://www.atlanticcityelectric.com/home/
- NJNG www.njng.com
- Elizabeth Gas www.elizabethtowngas.com
- South Jersey Gas www.sjindustries.com
- Or third party supplier who is billed through one of these companies
- Annual income per client household size must fall within the following range:
- Demonstrate that gas and/or electric account is currently 45 days or more past due and/or have received a disconnection notice.
- Demonstrate that 4 payments of at least $25 each have been made within the past 6 months onto the gas and electric account. At least 3 of those payments should have been made 30 days prior to the date of application.
- Must not currently be receiving or have received any benefit through the USF and/or HEA programs within the last twelve months before the date of submitting a TRUE application.
- All required documentation must be provided with the completed application. Any applications that are missing any required documentation will NOT be processed.
|Household Size||1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person||8 Person||9 Person|
|Min. Annual Income||$22,356||$30,276||$38,196||$46,116||$54,036||$61,956||$69,876||$77,796||$85,716|
|Max. Annual Income||$57,878||$70,267||$85,391||$102,552||$109,266||$115,979||$122,693||$129,407||$136,121|
Income Guidelines as of October 1, 2012.
Please complete the application in its entirety and provide COPIES of the following documentation:
- Copies of the social security cards for all members of your household.
- Copy of the driver's license of primary applicant with current address.
- Copies of proof of gross income for all members of your household age 18 and over for four consecutive weeks. 4 consecutive paystubs if paid weekly, 2 if paid bi-weekly or bimonthly. For Social Security income of any kind you must provide a copy of the current awards letter. Pension, child support, family contribution, TANF and GA are all considered sources of income and documentation must be provided.
For unemployment documentation, we can accept a print out from the unemployment website which shows a WBR (weekly benefit rate). For any questions about how to retrieve this document, please call 732-982-8710.
If a member of the household age 18 or over does not have any income, a signed statement claiming zero income must be provided.
- If you own a home please provide a copy of your deed, property tax statement or mortgage statement.
- If you rent, please provide a copy of your lease. If you do not have one, a letter from the landlord indicating the address and occupancy status must be submitted
- Copies of past 6 months of payment history from each utility (previous 6 months of bills or payment history statement from utility company showing a breakdown of payments made each month)
- Copies of your most recent electric bill and gas bill with your current address.
**Please note that households who utilize municipal electric services will not be eligible for TRUE program benefits. Please make sure the application is signed and completely filled out with all of the required documents attached. Applications can be mailed, scanned/emailed or dropped off in person. Faxed applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will NOT be processed.
For online applications, please make sure that the above Required Documents are in one of the following file formats: .pdf, .jpeg/.jpg, .tif, or .doc/.docx.
Also, the file size of each of the Required Documents (#1 to #6 from above list) cannot exceed 500 Kbyte. The only exception is your utility bill (#7 from above list) which cannot exceed 1 Mbyte.
Lastly, please note that these files must be properly submitted on the document upload page in order to have your application accepted.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Home Energy Assistance Department